Local Spotlight: Planted in Play
Long before YouTube, PBS, or even school days (remember those?), the world had play.
Playing is more than just a way to burn the nearly inexhaustible energy kids possess. Playing is the safest and most effective way for children to learn about themselves and the world around them. It’s also a lot fun! You already know that, though.
In fact, probably half the things you know as an adult can be traced back to playing. That’s why the team at Faulkner Volkswagen is proud to feature Planted in Play (PIP) as this month’s local spotlight.
Learn more about their interactive museum before giving them a like on social media!
A Museum With a Hands-On Policy
Remember the annual class field trip to the local museum? The constant shuffling from one hall to the next under the watchful eyes of adults? While we love a good gallery hop, they usually don’t make the best environments for those who are still rocking baby teeth.
That’s where PIP steps up to the challenge. They create a space where children are free to shout, jump, and learn while using all five senses.
Located on the corner of Main and Frederick Streets in Mechanicsburg, the museum supplies several interactive areas for children aged 2-10 years old. These include:
- Art for Creative Minds: Picasso had to start somewhere, right? With supplied paint, crayons, stamps, and a variety of mixed supplies, your child is free to work on their next masterpiece.
- Discovering Science: How many legs does an ant have? What do trees eat for breakfast? Why do magnets stick to the fridge? Curious little minds can have these questions answered, and more!
- Dramatic Play: Have you dreamed of bringing your favorite bedtime stories to life? Perhaps you just want an area where dressing up doesn’t involve Mommy’s expensive jewelry.
- Building & Construction: Time to build those motor skills! Design and create your world using LEGOS and other building materials.
- Little Sprouts: Perfect for infants and toddlers, this room offers plenty to tug, twist, and climb. Perfect for developing those important fine motor skills, your child will love gaining a new sense of independence.
Want to Spend a Night at the Museum?
Okay, so more like a Friday or Saturday afternoon, but with PIP’s special birthday party package, you can enjoy having the entire museum to yourself!
You supply the balloons, cake, and proper adult supervision, and the staff will take care of the rest!
Plan a Trip Today
We hope our spotlight has given you some ideas for your next family outing.
To help support Planted in Play, buy a gift card through their site and don’t forget to follow them on social media!